Hi guys, blessed 2019 to you (:
this post is dedicated to you if you have been always yanked at by the girlfriend “why is your hair pricking me!” when you try to kiss her or when she wants to plant you that kiss.
or for the you, who don’t fancy those hair down south.
* our 1 year unlimited IPL Boyzilian package deals happening this 29 to 30 November for the first 20 only *
Purchase can be made in store or on Tangs’ website directly on
Now, to answer some of the common questions that we receive at Qween about our IPL treatment:
• How our IPL machine works? Qween’s Super Hair Removal machine utilises a high repetition rate of short pulses delivered deep into the dermis, achieving high average power and therapeutically effective heat build-up, with virtually no pain.
It works by gradually heating the dermis to a temperature that effectively damages the hair follicles, preventing them from growing back, while protecting the surrounding skin. The hair follicles are not exposed to a single pulse of high energy, which can injure the skin, but rather receive multiple, short, low energy pulses until enough heat energy is generated to damage the hair follicle.
The In-motion™ technique used with SHR involves moving the applicator repeatedly over the treatment area, applying energy over a large grid- not just the area of the hair follicle. In-motion collectively heats up and damages the hair follicles, ensuring full coverage which dramatically improves results. (* retrieved from our hand note by the manufacturer)
• You will need to shave the area you want IPL-ed a day before or preferably the morning of your appointment.
We only have female IPL therapists and therefore please understand that company policy strictly does not allow our therapists to shave for men.
A boyzilian IPL session will take as quick as ten to fifteen minutes when you come in shaven!
We reserve the right to reschedule your ipl appointment if you do not come in shaven, and our ipl room is back to back slotted.
• Pain factor Some men rate it 2 out of 10, with 10 being most painful, while we also have some that rate is 8 out of 10. Honestly, there is almost no pain, just warmer sensation when the hand piece moves along over the same area after repeated times.
When the hand piece moves over the area with stubbier thick root, some men might feel more sensitive and prickly.
Some customers do not feel any thing at all throughout the process even if the same power was used throughout the session.
But on a side note, the setting can be adjusted so low that you do not feel anything.
• Can I go during my lunch break? If you come in for your appointment shaven, it would be in and out of our shop in fifteen to twenty minutes.
• Can I still go for my waxing session / epilate?
We shave before each IPL session so that the pulses are delivered deep into the dermis (root of our hair follicle) that contains the most black pigment which is what determines the effectiveness of your IPL treatment.
When you wax/epilate, you remove the hair root, and where does that leave the hair follicle which we need?
So the answer is no.
• What to expect after each ipl session
Treatment parameters for hair removal depend on skin type, hair type,density, snd depth of each person’s hair.
For typical asian skin with norma hair density, we will always start with power 5 and if the customer can accepts the treatment intensity, we will maintain the level for the first 4 to 6 sessions.
We will reexamine the hair regrowth rate , the hair thickness after 4 to 6 sessions.
We recommend all clients to come in at a 4-6 weeks interval during the first 6 treatment session.
By the sessions that the hair regrowth is slower and finer, we will then increase the power intensity for the next 4 sessions, with each ipl appointment being spaced out now to 6-8 weeks to allow for new growth.
Higher power used is to effective zap off the fine hair.
The interval between each session will be spaced out to 8/10/12 weeks till they no longer see hair growing out and that would be the end of the cycle of treatment.
It is recommended that you return for additional re-examination 3-4 months later, or when any new hair has grown in the treatment area, after you complete the cycle of 10 to 18 sessions.
- how many sessions do I need go through to achieve “hair-free”
Generally, men has thicker hair roots whereby up to 10 or 18 sessions are sufficient, at an interval of 4 to 8 weeks to complete a cycle treatment.
However, that really depends on individual’s age and hormones. Also, depending on the treatment area.
Most customers who could make do with the average power right from the first session barely took 4 to 6 sessions to reduce the amount of hair.
The results are definitely slower comparing for those customers who cannot handle the average power and require lower setting, taking
So, how soon you can achieve har-free results generally depend a lot on what setting of the ipl treatment is comfortable for you.
- Will the hair growth return?
Needless to say, hair will grow back in time. For some, you might start to see a few strands of hair growing after 6 months or more from completing your treatment cycle.
Put in bluntly, you and I, we are human beings and alive, which means growth hormones are active in our bodies. That said, as long as the growth hormones are active in our bodies, hair is bound to grow back, after some time.
You should however, take note that new growth will vary based on our body growth and depends on individual (gender, age, hormones).
• Results Will vary depending on the level of the power which you feel comfortable at during each session. If you can go through the ipl session comfortably with the average power of level 5, it will be within 6 sessions where you can witness drastic hair reduction and slower regrowth.
However, we have many customers who told me they have seen slower regrowth even after 4 sessions. Lucky them!
We have had so many successful testimonial to share about our ipl treatment!
Try it for yourself.
Good deals like this, are worth sharing.
That said, I hope this post has given you further insights on Qween’s IPL treatment.
Come give it a try yourself boyzilian trial at just $80 + 7% GST.
29 – 30 November we are selling 1 year unlimited (or maximum 13 sessions) Male Boyzilian IPL at $1000 + gst = $1070
$1070 minus 12% rebate based on $1000 nett amount ($120), technically speaking you only be spending $950 for 1 year unlimited IPL boyzilianpackage or 13 sessions maximum
$950 / 13 which means you are only paying $73 per boyzilian zap!
You do your own math. How much waxing money has gone down the drain with nothing but pain and still the same amount of recurring hair?
With Citibank, OCBC or American Express credit cards, you get to enjoy 6 or 12 months instalment plan if you like to stretch your dollars!
How the 1 year IPL package work : –
– Boyzilian Appointment slots Tuesday to Friday only ANYTIME, minimum 4 weeks interval from each session,
with maximum 13 sessions.
– Blackout period for service redemption 11th to 28th January 2020
-Validity of twelve months start from date of purchase
( ie. 28/29/30 November 2020 depending on purchase date)
– Strictly no extension of expiry/ non-transferable
– Except for the very first appointment of the package, an advanced 4 weeks’ appointment is required for all subsequent booking.
Please text or call 9666 8843 to book your appointment
** PAYMENT BY 12-months INSTALMENT is possible with Citibank/Amex/OCBC credit card, but Tangs’ rebates will then not be applicable **
Terms and conditions for ALL the above listed deals:
You can only make purchase for the 1 year unlimited package during this 3 days (28 – 30 November ) in store at Tang Plaza Level 4 Beauty Level , or you can do it online via https://www.tangs.com/productlist/Brands/qween
Prior appointment is required for your services.
Please call 67350013 or 9666 8843 to book your appointment.
Service purchased is non-refundable.
Otherwise, purchase can be made on Tangs’ website directly on
We look forward to receiving you at Qween,